Quote Originally Posted by Dan Daniel View Post
The softness could be that the viewing and taking lens are out of alignment. Check over images to see if there are areas in sharp focus other than what you thought you were focusing on? Lens alignment could be off- not unusual for any TLR.
This would actually explain something I noticed exactly. I was doing a tripod shot of a group, with myself in the middle holding a shutter release. I framed and focused, then stepped in and took it. In the final image, I am sharp but the rest of the group is soft-- and I was standing a little bit in front due to the length of the cable. Is a lens alignment adjustment something that would generally be separate from a CLA? I'll start contacting repairmen in my area.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Daniel View Post
Personally I don't like the blackout after firing the shutter on a Hasselblad and find a TLR much more enjoyable to use in the street and such. I might think about this first- which camera type works well for you, fits the way you like to shoot?
I love them both and wouldn't want to give up either, ideally. I don't much like the Rolleiflex on a tripod and I find the normal focal length slightly restrictive, which was what led me to pick up a SLR + 120mm. I find it much more satisfying for detailed work (portraits, macro, etc.) but obviously far worse as a walk-around or travel camera.