Quote Originally Posted by DREW WILEY View Post
Roger - corps are dropping like flies, and generally due to sheer stupidity ... lemming mentality. If one corporation shoots themself in the foot, their competitiors will do exactly the same.

Whenever possible, I try to deal with privately-held manufacturers which are at least somewhat buffered from the worst of this, though there is usually some smart-alec MBA who manages to make a mess before eventually
getting fired.

It's a parasitic profession, kinda like going to a surgeon who had never even taken a biology class or dissected a frog first. Part of my job is predicting what direction mfgs will head into.

If a bunch of twenty-something MBA's get dropped into the hierarchy, it's time to run away from that outfit - fast. Or if you work for someone like that, look for another job fast. Usually the only person more incompetent is the CEO who hired them.
It's called Equity Extraction and it is by design.

Basically a Vampire operation to suck decades or centuries of 'value' out of assets (plants, real estate) that was bought and paid for long ago. Suck out the blood and toss the carcass aside.

Taught by all the 'best' business schools. A direct result of the preponderance of MBA's since the 1970s.

Oh, and I might add, the BOD and CEO are in on it.