Quote Originally Posted by Mahler_one View Post
I believe Michael will be contacting you privately. However, is photo accessed via the link where the problem is?

<The problem stems from the brass track system the rear standard rides in. There has been enough wear to allow some wiggle that I would prefer were not there. Here is a photo showing the pieces in question. This is the right side, the left side is simply a mirror image.

http://flic.kr/p/dRg9f8>

These two parts either need to be replaced NOS, recreated altogether, or new brass needs to be brazed on to the existing parts and then milled back to shape.
Michael did contact me - thank you for that.

Upon re-evaluation I now have noticed that most of the front standard's play is originating from the sliding of the inner bed extension inside the outer bed extension.

As for the rear standard, some of its play does originate from the tracking system it rides in; and some from the area that it pivots on.

Can you describe what function the control near the end of the bed performs - I cannot detect any change when this control is tightened or loosened. I'm still able to pull the bed out if I manually release the spring metal clip, no matter the setting of this control.

kmvknobexample.jpg