As StoneNYC found out "agitation regime" is the key to many developers and Rodinal is no exception. I used to use HC110 del. B for TRi-X and time and temp were important to follow, but I never notice a ton of difference between negatives that I gave aggressive agitation and milder agitation. But Rodinal is different and I found out the hard way since I always think slightly more must always be better. Not with Rodinal. My first try was years ago and I developed Tri-X in Rodinal 1:25 with the same kind of agitation scheme as HC110 and decided Rodinal for me was out. The negatives had much more contrast and a real gritty grain appearance. Still, I kept seeing shots/pictures from people using this combination and their results certainly didn't mirror mine. At that time I was happy playing with HC110 and from time to time Edwal FG7 so I didn't mess with Rodinal again until I started messing around with some Kodak TechPan film and then used it very diluted, semi-stand and got very nice results. Then I read an article about the compensating ability of diluted Rodinal and became a little more interested. It wasn't until I did a shot of a big black steam locomotive on a very bright slightly overcast day with my 3.5E Rollei that brought out the bottle of Rodinal. I developed the Fuji Acros in Rodinal 1:100 @ 20C for 1hr. with 45 seconds of normal agitation first and then two very gentle inversions at the 30 minute mark. Now, first let me say that Acros is a very nice film and it's pretty simple to get nice results with many different developers, but this combo was what I had to call superb for this situation. Unbelievably sharp, held highlights and almost no sign of grain. I thought, what more could you ask for? Well some of us don't like long developing times, but I'm not one of them. Diluted developers also have a built in safety factor that highly concentrated developers don't and that is more forgiveness for human error, which I seem to be heavily blessed with. With a highly diluted developer and longer times their is a much less severe affect of a drift of a degree or two and a couple of minutes one way or the other. I consider it a winning combo and a nice tool in the tool box, plus it lasts forever, dilutes greatly and that makes it cheaper than dirt. I have never tried it with C-41 film like StoneNYC has, but I will someday. It really is a "MUST TRY" tool. JohnW