Quote Originally Posted by Gerald C Koch View Post
You would be surprised what is considered dangerous today. We should all have died as children. Parents have been warned not to bring food to school for their child's class. The end of cupcakes. The "wisdom" behind this is that a child might have an unspecified reaction, get sick and sue the school.
Oh yes! I think back to all the things I played around with and you're right, I shouldn't be here right now. My granddaughter was told not to bring peanut butter sandwiches to school. I ask my daughter why and she said that one of her classmates has a "peanut" allergy. Now nobody in the whole class can have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. That pissed me off since I used to live on those throughout my whole school career. I said they should let the little bugger eat in the janitors office and let the rest of the kids have their peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Sometimes life sucks and it shouldn't have to. As for darkroom chemicals go? There are a few bad ones, but if we new what was dumped into the stuff we eat we probably starve to death. Well, I don't know about anybody else here, but I'm not going to starve to death and I'm not giving up the darkroom either.
Thursday I'll be souping some Arista 120 EDU ISO 100 (aka Foma) in some mixed FX-37 1:5 for the first time. Does anyone have any experience with this combo? JohnW