The big box store might or might not be cheaper. Depends what you are actually getting for your money. Chances are, things are cheaper because the quality sucks. And the odds are pretty high that
their cumulative business model is geared to stock market pranks rather than sustainable profit, that
they are twisting just about every labor law imaginable into contortions that would put any small businessman in court, that they are getting huge land or local tax exemptions because they have the money to corrupt local oversight ... and they MANDATE the mfg of trashy outsourced bait-and-switch merchandise to create distribution monopolies, etc etc etc. No, it's not a level playing field by any means. And people like me are going downright nuts because I've got more business than I can handle, and have trouble even getting goods shipped fast enough, specifically because I sell high-end product, and pros have trouble finding that kind of thing elsewhere ... hence, to keep marginally sane, I need these periodic posting breaks...