Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burk View Post
The issue with daylight is that it fluctuates, as you said, it's not easily controlled. A 4700K Incandescent bulb, on the other hand, might be something you can control with a feedback circuit or voltage regulator. If I were setting up a standard box, I'd make it one brightness, a standard, and then modify its brightness outside the box on the bench. You could use the old GE meter to monitor the brightness inside the box.
I like standards, without them we all would be lost... LOL Thank you. This makes the most sense to me as well. It would be much easier to use physical filters upon a standard light source, then trying to manage a variable light source accurately for a DIY project and limited resources. I'm thinking a set of ND filters to peg say 3 different points along the exposure trajectory and the final point being the standardized light source without a filter for the brightest point. My camera's service manual says to use a brightness box set to two different EV's, and use a 50% filter to do one of the adjustments/checks. These checks/adjustments would be for high brightness and low brightness adjustments. There are other checks that can be done as well, but without such a box, it seems useless to even open up a camera to try and fix or adjust its exposure meter. This is why I asked for suggestion/help in making one. So far, I'll have to make due with my computer monitor, but I may well look for a used/broken LED monitor to use as my base for creating the box I need later....