I do about 2-5 weddings a year, not sure why I bother, it's stressful, I don't shoot them on film that would be insanity and anyone who does still is a fool, not because I don't think film is great, it is, but the expectations are different, they want a week turn around, can you imagine having to develop all those rolls, and print all of it, within a week! insane. Not for the kinds of images and fast paced nature of the new kinds of weddings that are out there, heck I barely catch all of the important moments on digital. no one waits anymore, there's no hey lets announce this and let the photographer get into position.... it's simply go go go.

My ONLY horror story with weddings was the last one I did. I get there and they didn't have the money... being the nice guy that I am I didn't walk away (many professional wedding photographers actually leave if they don't get paid and refuse to do the wedding, which I now understand why). But I stayed, they paid me most of it a week later but withheld $300 they didn't quite have yet... now they say they don't want to give me the money because I missed 2 key shots that were SOO important to them, but were not taken because I asked multiple times for the best man and maid of honor to gather the people and that never happened, that's not my fault, and the sun went down, the wedding started 3 hours behind schedule and I still managed to get all the other shots done.

Sometimes it's just not worth it... I can't decide whether at this point to just give them the photos and be done with it... it's been over 6 MONTHS and they haven't paid the $300 ...

Every other experience has been good but that one bad one and bam... makes you feel shitty...