Quote Originally Posted by David Lyga View Post
....But what about this: as we 'experienced' know that sometimes the seemingly trivial can be annoying (but such 'annoyance' is duly mitigated by the FACT that they are fresh blood!) why not have a special 'catch-all' forum just for new comers? That way they would not feel so intimidated....
I don't think new members feel intimidated asking basic questions (that some feel should be asked without previously searching the archives). The tone of some mbrs here towards these newly enlightened analog'ers is awful and regaling newcomers to a basic forum where they can ask "new film user" questions I believe can have a detrimental effect because what if one thinks he/she has "graduated" to use regular APUG and John/Jane Doe, whose been using film since s/he was knee high to a grasshopper doesn't think our new "graduate" is worthy...I can't imagine the awkwardness of such an environment. Or what if I decide to take up LF? Do I need to go back to the "new LF user forum?" Such overhead in my view...the mods would be marshaling questions all about depending on if the council of elders thinks the question is fit for "APUG new user" or "APUG seasoned user" sections....

I highly doubt this if the mbr in the thread below was regulated to a "newby forum" the tone of some towards his experience (or lack thereof) and chosen equipment would have evolved any different....not sure the mbr ever came back too....
http://www.apug.org/forums/forum52/94403-help.html

Last, why is this is philosophy? APUG Feedback seems a better fit...