Look folks ... I'm not all that smart. I learned all this the hard way, and when you shoot 8x10 color film, mistakes are costly, and when you've already invested hundreds of hours printing and analyzing,
then you start asking the right questions and get results. You can either just argue based on a whim or you can learn from my mistakes and advice of others. Film doesn't do everything on its own. It won't
automatically correct a sloppy scan, and it won't necessarily forgive significant mistakes in color balance
any more than being way off in a shutter speed or f-stop setting. This isn't Kodak Gold in a disposable
one-shot cardboard camera! You need to treat it with the same degree of care as you would a chrome film, and hopefully understand in which way it differs too. But sloppy technique will bag you mediocre
results. If you don't care - fine. But don't blame Kodak for your own mistakes! This is a very high quality product, but due to its relative saturation compared to other color neg films, will tend to exaggerate color error. Correctly exposed, it's one of the most accurate color films I've ever worked with. And I've got the equipment and experience to accurately make that kind of statement. All I'm
doing is giving a few simple tidbits of advice which can make a very big difference in the quality of your shots with Ektar. Take it or leave it. I don't care. But I do care about people badmouthing a very very
high quality product and potentially impacting film sales at a time when it needs all the support it can
get. And this is a home-run product for Kodak. Maybe not ideal for everyone or every shooting situation,
but something which does potentially give film a new lease on life now that E6 lines are getting scarcer.