I have used quite a few fixers in the past, including TF-4. I have been using TF-5 lately and have noticed something new to me. I usually get crystals forming around the screw top of the fixer bottle no matter what type of fixer I use. When I unscrew the cap they get loose and pour with fixer into the film developing tank. It does not bother me as after I fix and WASH there are no crystals left on the film. I have just gotten a multi-reel Paterson tank since I am going larger batches of film. In the black Paterson tank it is easier to see the crystals (vs a Stainless Steel tank) but I have also found them on my film after drying. Has anyone seen this? I would expect any crystals to dissolve in the wash step. My wash is Ilford style with 5 inversions then a 4 minute stand time (pour off and refill), 10 inversions then a 4 minute stand time (pour off and refill), 15 inversions then a 4 minute stand time pour off and hang to dry after a 60 second photo-flow rinse.

I am NOT saying anything against TF-5 as it seems to be the perfect fixer on paper. I am just seeing if there is anyone else with this issue.