Quote Originally Posted by Gerald C Koch View Post
Use sulfide toners such as Kodak Brown Toner with good ventllation. The rotten egg smell is hydrogen sulfide, a poisonous gas. Make sure the toner solution never comes in contact with acids even weak ones. Hydrogen sulfide is especially dangerous since it first dulls the sense of smell even at low concentrations. Then the amount of gas can reach a toxic level without being detected.

The concentrate and solutions are very alkaline and can cause burns upon skin contact. Wear protective gloves.
Oh. Nice. Glad I didn't die!!

I used it in my makeshift bathroom darkroom with just the normal bathroom vent running.

And I didn't use gloves! I didn't bathe in the stuff, but I wasn't exactly in chemists safety gear either.

Thanks for the tips! I'll use it outdoors next time.