I'm going to have to shoot another roll before I can let you know how this D76 turns out.
After pouring the remaining D76 stock solution I had originally made into a bucket, I added about 0.63L of water, stirred it a bit, then poured it back into my accordion bottles.
As I was putting my 120 roll of exposed Delta 100 into the changing bag, I made the mistake of taking the elastic band I had wrapped around the roll off before I put the roll in the bag, and as I let go of the roll, it unfurled a bit.
I quickly closed the two zippers and put my hands in the arm holes. After 10 frustrating minutes, I figured out I was trying to load the film onto the reel from the wrong direction. After I turned the reel around, the film went on easily and I managed to get it wound onto the reel and separated from the backing paper and tape. With the reel tightly sealed in the tank, I set about developing it.
I followed the same set of developing instructions I had used successfully the first time to develop two rolls of 35mm film with a couple of modifications. Since I now had Kodak Hypo Clearing Agent, I added that to the process after a 30 second water rinse following the fixer stage. Having used the HCA, I washed the film with water for 5 minutes instead of 20-30 minutes.
After 30 seconds in Photo-flo and washing off the suds with water, I opened the tank, and to my horror, was able to see clear through to the center of the reel!
Alas, the only things on the otherwise clear film were a couple of light leak marks near the beginning of the roll and the edge markings.
Not sure what happened here.
I think perhaps I may have loaded the film into the back backward, though I have never had this happen when shooting color film.
The only other thing I can think of is a problem with the back.
Luckily, I shot identical photos with color film in my other back, which I picked-up from my lab today.
I think I'll load both backs with Delta 100 and then shoot and develop both to see if there is a problem with one of my backs, unless someone can think of a developing explanation for my results.
Thanks for reading my tale of (relatively minor) woe!
Last edited by memzilla; 04-06-2013 at 10:13 PM. Click to view previous post history.