Quote Originally Posted by noacronym View Post
To me, Kodak and Kodak Park, Rochester, New York are nearly wondrous places in some way; some manner of regard. I've never been up there, never will be most likely, and wouldn't want to go in another way. I'm not from up there. Some people belong where they came from and live, so here is where I stay. All that said in the spirit of well-wishing for the company's future. I know it's a horribly cold place to live a life, but you folks sure know how to set a production standard. I hope you don't turn into some sort of software company, or some worthless digital sh-- like that. You do what you do. I highly suggest advertising on the benefits of Kodak Film for permanence. Permanence is the whole point of any photography. A Kodak B&W print properly washed can last a thousand years. Who knows which one of us might be somebody recorded in history for some deed? A Kodak B&W will still bear the testament of perfect recording in several thousand years. That's a great thing. Pretty wild, when you think about it. Somebody needs to get busy. That's about enough of my free job worrying about it. Nowhere herein has been my intent to pursue or force a political view. Somebody up there needs to do something.
Because I believe in the lasting quality of analog images on paper I have begun to photograph lots of mundane sights. Perhaps someday they'll be digitized and available on shorpy.com or someplace like that. I know, I know, one can always keep backing up their digital images to the latest and greatest but do they do it? How many phones are lost with 'everything' nowhere but on that phone?

When asked I tell people (because they always expect an answer) I use film not because my images are important to my kid but because they'll be important to my great grand-kids. All I get in return is a blank expression.

s-a