Trade name I know this by is cor-flute. Like corrugated cardboard, but made from plastic.

I find it at the art supply store, stocked near where they stock matt board and mount board panels.

Edge sealing the open hopes with some applied and then smeared in silicone would seem to solve the problem of oxidized solution collecting in the corrugations.