Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Moxom View Post
I read the lens test with my own eyes and am not bullshitting anyone. The lens test was done back in the 90's. Where in my statement did you take it to mean if you have a componon S, you should go and buy the meogon instead?? I did not. You made that up, and made 2+2 equal 10, and called me a liar in the process. I simply stated what i saw and read, you can take it or leave it. Or better yet, prove that i overtstated...
When one states (now apparently based ONLY on a test in magazine) that a lens "is superior in several categories" then some will interpret it as if having the other is not the best option and may seek the "better" one. I am saying that Meogon is a good lens, but having something like a Componon S is still a top lens ever made for enlarging (just like many others). And I did not call you a liar (now you made it up), I only said that suggesting superiority of one product over another in such strong words would lead one to believe that he may have an inferior product on his hands. Hence a "misinformation" in my statement, because you will find many people (myself included) stating that, if there are differences between these two, they are NOT in favor of the Meogon. Since I happened to have owned BOTH of these, I can sit quite comfy saying that.