Adjusting the rangefinder is pretty simple, but for god sakes..don't use a butter knife. you use the right size driver, preferably one with an angle. Make a small twist (like a 2mm turn), but the lens on, infinity focus and see if it's right or if you turned it the wrong way. I think you can figure out the rest.

The part that scares me more are your shutter speeds. At 1/8 and slower what happens inside is a vertical engagement of a separate set of gears (I know the way I described it might not be 100% correct, but it doesn't matter). So, what scares me is that that is knocked out of wack and because it's a very precise piece of equipment, I would consider having it inspected. I had a "hick up" with my M6 and then it seemed to go away for a few days, came back, then left...then it broke. Luckily I was able to get the part and fix it myself, but I don't think it would mess around when it comes to shutter speed gears. To replace that part if it breaks is probably more costly than the camera. If it's due for a CLA, I'd send it in and let them know what happened. As they're cleaning it, they will check it out for free and give you some feedback.