Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
The green light is a safelight. You can get different filters for it, including an amber "OC" filter that will work with most black and white papers. I might have an extra filter or two.

The red bulb beside it may very well be a usable safelight for black and white.

Opaque black is what you might use to spot out clear spots on a lithographer's negative for printing.

The Minor White book is quite interesting, and it and Minor White's other writing may be responsible for all those who wrongly (IMHO) use "previsualize" when "visualize" is more appropriate. You may find it a lot easier to follow then Ansel Adams' writing on the Zone System.

The Kodachromide paper is a fixed contrast paper, and might be okay.

The Polycontrast paper might also be okay.

Both would be fun to try.

And the enlarger is very basic, but may very well be functional. The lenses are very basic though.

Although it was 35mm only, my first enlarger was quite similar to yours, and I got good service from it.
Does very basic mean poor quality with blurry images? Lol

And yea I sort if already use my eye to spot the right place to meter which seems to match the exposure info in both books, though the ansel book talks of orthochromatic films

What does "OC" mean?

So I can chuck the opaque black?

Yes, I thought the PRE was a little strange :/ lol

I wonder if I should start with them? Or should I start with something new and then play with them when I actually know what I'm doing?

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk