Wow. I hope this thread is not a portent of the future of advice on the internet. It is full of complete b.s. until Thomas' post, aside from the beveling of the leading edge (a mm or so) of film before you load a plastic reel. Plastic reels should be loaded dry. A few seconds with a hair dryer will do if you live in a high humidity environment. A lot of sticking problems with plastic reels are caused by dirty reels or reels that have been fouled by wetting agents such as Photoflo. If you use plastic reels you should clean them every few tanks with bleach. It only take a few seconds.

I have dried film every way since Tuesday, including five years in SoCal living on the Pacific coast, 150' from the ocean, hanging the film outside on my balcony overnight in the salty air. Never any problems. The best way to do it controllably is to use LFN (Photoflo just doesn't work well, save yourself the hassle) in distilled water then wipe slowly in one direction on the shiny (non emulsion side) with a stack of Kimwipes or a Bounty paper towel (yes, you heard that right), while it is wet (mirroring what Thomas wrote), once. No rewipes. Use a new Kimwipe or paper towel if there are any streaks in reflected light. Alternatively, you can finish with a soak in pure alcohol, but don't dry the film with heat afterwards or it will cloud. Don't ever touch the emulsion side, ever. No squeegee for you! to paraphrase Seinfeld. I have never seen a water spot on the emulsion side of the film in all my years doing photography and developing film. If you get a water spot on the non-emulsion side of the film, it can easily be removed with 91% Isopropyl alcohol, or your breath, and a microfiber. The alcohol works better than your breath. Isopropyl alcohol is a better film cleaner than Pec-12 in my opinion for black and white film. Pec-12 is better for cleaning prints. It works wonderfully for that.