Quote Originally Posted by Cape Fear View Post
Hi Parker, I teach traditional Talbot-Klic dustgrain photogravure as well as photogravure with my analog aquatint screens. I encourage newcomers to standardize their workflow with a screen before proceeding to dustgrain. My studio is in Carolina Beach, NC just 30 minutes from Wilmington ILM airport. The positives are made digitally and I will be adding QTR linearization to my workshops this summer. The workshop is 3 days long and in the middle of the week when beach accommodations are more affordable. Please see this page for more info: http://www.capefearpress.com/gravure_workshops.html
Thanks for the reply and website. I recently had the chance to sit down with an original Paul Strand gravure portfolio and was deeply moved by the prints. Right now, I'm bouncing back and forth between silver and pigment prints, not really satisfied by either.

Gravure looks to be a bit of an investment in both time and equipment and it would obviously be easier to learn with someone close to home. I was hoping to work with someone just to get a feel for the process and its demands, but I will most definitely keep your workshops in mind.