Quote Originally Posted by HTF III View Post
You see all these claims as to how poisonous it is, but at one time it was used as a hair dye (pyrogallol). The same article I read also says metol and hydroquinone are poisonous. I wonder if pyro is really all that dangerous, or is it dangerous by today's standards, where EVERYTHING is poisonous. I'm thinking of switching to it after everything I've read on this site.
If you eat smoked meats you are ingesting little doses of pyrogallol. Not good if that's all you eat.