Quote Originally Posted by markbarendt View Post
I want to get straight prints as much as possible.
This might be a dumb question, but can I ask why?

Of course it is a matter of personal preference, but just to throw some ideas out here, unless we're talking seriously time consuming and complex print controls (that doesn't appear to be the case here), there are some potential downsides to offset the slightly easier straight printing.

For one thing, less flexibility (should you decide at some point on a different interpretation of the image) since you're reducing the amount of "information" in the negative. Also, depending on the scene luminance range, placing non-extreme highlights on the shoulder could involve lots of extra negative exposure with effects on image structure (graininess, irradiation, sharpness). It could also simply become problematic with non-stationary subjects if you have to give several stops more exposure.

One thing that could help with using less exposure is a highly compensating developer, which will bring compression (ie shouldering) further down the curve. Alternatively perhaps a shorter scale film.

But in the end I still think you're better off simply fixing this in printing. Flashing, or some low contrast burning etc.