Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
Guess what? Some young 20 somethings love and collect vinyl. They love the organic and warm sound of old records with hiss, clicks and pops.

I love technology and it's made my life much more fun and easier. I've also been lucky to make a living off of people's technology problems by being a tech monkey. One thing I don't care for is the blind faith that technology will make things better. I think as technology progresses, it takes away the art of life. The randomness and the music of chance is lessoned with over use of technology. I prefer a portrait photographed on collodion and printed on silver gelatin paper over a digital portrait that's over-retouched and printed on inkjet. Technology can be soulless. I pick and choose carefully how I buy and use technology. Right now, I love the internet where I can share and enjoy opinions on APUG.
Yeah, I totally agree with you. I think I might have came over abrasive and ignorant comparing record players to camera computers. I think, in reality, I'm kinda neutral on the whole technology issue; I think if it's something you need, then use it. But if it's not necessary, then it might be best to live without it. But then, I think it's human nature to have the newest and the best and the fastest, and people in the marketing business will use that to their advantage