Quote Originally Posted by EdSawyer View Post
Basically I would shop around to see who has it the cheapest, with shipping. some charge hazmat for shipping which ups the final cost. Adorama, B&H, minilab supply, Pakor, are all places I have used or would use. There's others too of course, Unique is certainly a valid vendor.
So, taking Ed’s suggestions of places to get this stuff, I checked the websites to see who carried C41 chemistry. Pakor seemed the best place, so I contacted them for a price quote. Initially this is what they quoted:

Delivered to San Francisco, CA would cost $129.16 for a grand total of $454.13.

I then inquired about their SM chemistry and this is what they quoted:

Delivered to San Francisco, CA would cost $136.74 for a grand total of $551.20.

Do I really need SM chemistry? Since I’m only an occasional user, not a lab? (I was trying to find the Kodak publication where they compare the different kinds of C41 chemistry there are but I could not find it.) Are the prices ok or are they too much?

Another question I have, unmixed, how long do these solutions last? As long as they are stored properly in a damp, dark place, for example, do they last a long time or just a few months? Also, do I have to worry about oxidation with the unmixed chemistry or is that a problem only arising once the chemistry has been mixed (i.e., “working/stock solution”)?

Quote Originally Posted by EdSawyer View Post
The kind I preferred is the straight C-41, it has no suffix. (e.g. not RA, LORR or SM).
Ed, so, according to the Pakor site, if you used the "Straight C41," as you call it, then that would leave this:

Is that right? I, or someone else, would need to get price quotes for those. Also, why do you prefer that over the other ones (RA, LORR, SM)?

And what are this for?

http://www.pakor.com/Products/KODAK_...9_444-0331.cfm

Thanks.