I took out a newly built 8x10 -- so new it still smells of varnish! I fear I really cut this one down to the wire. At the end I was fighting sunset trying to do a quick test yesterday, but cobbled together as much info as I could. Today I set out for destination #1 (Lock Ridge Furnace in Alburtis, PA) with my entire inventory of two 8x10 filmholders loaded with Arista EDU #2 grade RC paper. I also took my previous creation, a 4x5 and a few holders loaded with that paper, plus some Arista Ultra 100 film.

The plan was that destination #2 was in the opposite direction from my house, so I came home to develop the 8x10s and see what I got, figuring to adjust and try again if need be. To my pleasant surprise, all four 8x10 shots look promising (they are washing as I e-speak) so I've decided to call it a day, as the sudden onrush of spring is producing lots of yard work.

I will next develop the four 4x5 films with some trepidation. The f-stops of the two cameras are different, and film has a significant reciprocity failure so I have these tables ... I also have a Sekonic L-508 that can deal with two ISO settings. Alas, I think I may have made every possible permutation of wrong table columns/wrong ISO measurement. But I view pinhole as a sort of loose process anyway, so we'll just forge ahead. Since the paper negatives look decent, I'll not worry about the film.

Heartwarming, the first sight that greeted me as I approached this historic site was a guy with an Arca Swiss monorail measuring away with a Sekonic spot meter. He was shooting B&W and impressed with my pinhole monster. We had a good chat, and I mentioned APUG. There was also a group of folks exercising cameras on a model, using the old stone ruins as a backdrop. I imagine they were electrocuting defenseless bits, but the place was busy.

When I get the stuff dry enough to scan, I'll post one or two somewhere here.