if you learn how to process paper ... you can coat glass plates with liquid emulsion ( not as hard as it sounds ! )
and use non-harending fixer and the emulsion will lift and stretch and if you are lucky fall back down on the plate
all on top of itself making creases and overlaps &c ... a lot of dry plate folks avoid this ( frilling ) but it is a nice technique
to know about if you like to experiment. you could probably do something similar with paper instead of glass ... the first
kodak cameras from what i have read were paper negatives, but the emulsion was slid off onto something else to print ( glass? )
anyhow its kind of like the old-school emulsion transfer polaroid experimenters used to to ...
you can also mix up a weak batch of potassium ferricyanide ( farmer's reducer ) and paint your film or paper with that
(after you have an image ) it will remove layers of the image and lighten it ... just make sure you re-fix (it) afterwards
because it will be light sensitive at that point ... ( or leave it to have an image that might morph into something else? ).

lots of ways to destroy and manipulate film and prints ...
i hope when you stumble upon something else you let us see the fun results !