Quote Originally Posted by cooltouch View Post
I'm about to begin my own c-41 and E6 processing. Just ordered kits from Freestyle. So I'm reading this thread and others with interest. To regulate temp with my setup, I have a terrarium heater -- used to keep reptiles warm -- that is waterproof. It has no temperature control, just on/off. But I have built a dimmer switch into an outlet box and I will use it to regulate the heater's temp. The terrarium heater is actually a flat, flexible pad, about 10" square. I plan to set it in the bottom of the tub I'll be using. I have a selection of thermometers to choose from. One of them is bound to do a good enough job for monitoring temperature.
What power is the heater? If it doesn't have a built-in regulation mechanism, my guess is that it is going to be very low power (10W?) and will not be sufficient to heat your water up, though it might be enough to keep it about right or at least slow the fall of temperature... For comparison, a Jobo heater is about 300W.

Quote Originally Posted by cooltouch View Post
Ideally, I should use the mixed chems to exhaustion when I'm developing, but this won't always be the case. So to store my chems, I have several brown glass 500ml sample bottles. I was thinking I could pour the chemicals into these bottles and then remove any remaining air spaces by adding marbles to each jar, a la Aesop's "The Crow and the Pitcher." I'm hoping to maximize storage life this way.
Read the C41 and E6 FAQs in my signature.