Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
That's not the most confusing part about Vericolour, the worst thing is that there were a few things that used the same name. Some of it was iso160 C41 regular film.
But there was another type that was iso3 or something stupidly slow, called 'internegative'. Basically, it was for making slides out of negatives, on a macro-duplicating setup (or 'contact-printed' on an enlarger). You put a processed negative in one end, this vericolour in your camera, and snapped. Processed it in regular c41 chemicals, and you got slides out of it (negative of a negative is a positive). But because regular negatives are orange, to make a clear-base slides out of all that orange, the slow vericolour was green base (green-orange=clear, or something).
Anyway, long story short, I got a dayroller off ebay, and it had something left in it, the extremely old sticker said 'vericolour', so I put it in 3 canisters and shot one, thinking it was the iso160 regular vericolour. Turns out it was the slow one, all I got was a totally underexposed roll of green out of it... (and I've got 2 rolls left over, not sure what to do with them)
Internegative film was used to make printable negatives from transparencies. You would essentially take a photo of your slide using the internegative film, and then print from that negative. S

A properly prepared internegative made it possible to obtain very high quality prints from slides.