Quote Originally Posted by LJSLATER View Post
^ That's funny but sad.

My F2 stopped working the other day; I'm quite upset about it. I'm not sure what happened, but I think the motor drive may have been seated improperly and jammed the shutter. It won't budge. Plus, the film in the camera tore in half when I tried to rewind it. I'm in contact with Sover, and may send it to him. Unfortunately, if the shutter is dead, I think it's more economically feasible to replace the whole body.

So bummed. It's been my daily shooter for a couple of years now. I guess I'm lucky to have backup cameras available (F3HP and FM2N). So it could be worse.
I disagree. It likely more economically feasible, at least in the long run, to have a full CLA on that body and the shutter replaced. Then you'll have a perfectly functioning F2 that should last years and years. Who knows what issues lie in a different F2 replacement of which you have no idea of its past? First is more expensive now but pretty much a sure thing. Second is cheaper now but a crap shoot gamble and often more expensive long term.