Hey, there's nothing wrong with a Spotmatic, I've got one of them too (well technically it's my Mum's, it just happens to be at my house).
She bought it in 1967 on a trip to Japan, not knowing anything much about cameras except that that's what the salesman recommended. She got it with a Takumar 55/1.8, 35/3.5 and 135/3.5. For years everyone kept telling her, "your photos just always look so good" and she didn't know what to say, only in the last few years I've been researching gear and realised how highly-rated Takumars really were.

How's the Retina? I've got a few lenses for them, some are the SLR/Rangefinder interchangeable versions I can mount on my m42/ef via adapter (28, 35, 50, 135). But some are the weird ones that the rear-three elements stay on the camera (80mm and one other i can't remember), and I don't have the camera to mount them on (because i bought them cheap off fleabay without doing proper research). I should buy a camera or 3 to go with them one day (ps, I have a GAS problem)...