First one needs to start off with a common basis for FOV, negating the differences in aspect ratio...
- 135 format using 48mm as lens on 135 format and
- RZ67 using 112mm on RZ67
- 4x5 format using 192mm on 4x5 format
(all three equate to 2 * short dimension of frame)...
Using the DOF calculator available on Cambridge Color web site, and using 20/20 visual acuity (rather than the much more tolerant 'manufacturer standard')
- 48mm f/5.6 focused at 100' yields DOF zone 67'-197'
- 112mm f/8 focused at 100' yields DOF zone of 69'-179'; f/11 DOF zone 62'-252'
- 192mm f/16 focused at 100' yields DOF zone 66'-211'
Last edited by wiltw; 05-10-2013 at 06:31 PM. Click to view previous post history.