Wow! I had no idea when I started this thread that I would receive the amount of responses I have! A thank you to all who ventured their opinions. As a multi format user (35mm SLR and range-finder, 2 1/4 SLR and - and at one time 4x5 ), I am aware of the "limitations" of the TLR format. Insofar as my intentions go, I would be (most likely) looking to use the camera for landscape, fine art and portraiture work. Like my Hasselblads, the TLR would most likely find itself - for the most part - mounted atop a Tiltall; issues of weight would not really enter into it. The square format as a limitation?!?! One of the reasons I chose the Blads over other medium format systems was for that very reason: I love the challenge of shooting the square format (and I am a full-frame printer). And speed, when working in medium format, is not of the essence...

A thank you, Matt King, for your generous offer of the use of your TLR; Matt, I will pm you in a couple of weeks if the offer is still open. This weekend, I am over to Victoria to shoot the 150th Highland Games (giving a couple of the Nikon F2s a workout), and then spend the week following (first of six weeks' vacation time this year) shooting landscapes and nature work (E100G and FP4 with the Hasselblads) mid-Island (Cathedral Grove, Fanny Bay and possibly Tofino). Given that "some" hiking will be involved, I want to keep the old backpack as light as possible (several of the locations I will be checking out will be "look-see" ventures). When assessing the TLR, I would like to take my time, just carting the camera with an 80mm, a meter and the tripod. Again, a thanks to all who took the time to respond!