Good luck with your research, and welcome to Apug.Hello everyone! I wasn't sure where to put this thread, so moderators may move it to another category!
I just wanted to check if someone around here wanted to answer some questions about analog photography for a project I'm doing in school? That would be cool. The answers will be treated anonymously.
1. Age and gender
2. Do you shoot professionally (digital and/or analog)? What subjects do you shoot in that case?
Shot professionally in the past, just for personal enjoyment these days
3. When did you start shooting analogically, and when did you start photographing (if you started out with digital photography)?
was given my first camera in 1962
4. What equipment (camera) do you use? If you use multiple cameras, you can write down all of them and which one you use the most.
Olympus OMs -1, 2, and 4, Mamiya C-330 and C-220 with several lenses, Kodak Tourist 6x8 folder, B&J Watson 4x5 with assorted lenses, several 4x5 home made cameras
5. Do you develop your film yourself, and what technique do you use in that case?
Have been developing film since 1963, have had Jobos, slot processors, different drum systems, mainly stick to manual tank developing.
6. Why do you shoot analogically and what benefits do you think there is with analogue photography? Feel free to respond as fully as possible on this matter. For example, if you shoot analogically because of the appearance of the photos, please describe specifically what it is in the look that you like, etc. If there are many different reasons, please write down all. (This is the most important question)
I shoot film because I love printing photos
7. Are there any particular subjects that you think that analogue photography is particularly suitable for, respectively not suitable for?
I think the playing field is even
8. Will you continue to shoot analogically in the future?
Definitly, till the day I die(or there is no more film left to shoot)
If you also shoot digitally:
only to display items for sale online
9. Approximately how much of your photography do you estimate that you shoot analogically?
10. What is it that makes you not photograph only analogically?
I'm a Ludite
11. Is there anything that could make you photograph analogically even more?
You can answer directly in the thread or post me a message, whatever works. Thanks in advance!