OKHello everyone! I wasn't sure where to put this thread, so moderators may move it to another category!
I just wanted to check if someone around here wanted to answer some questions about analog photography for a project I'm doing in school? That would be cool. The answers will be treated anonymously.
1. Age and gender - 84 M
2. Do you shoot professionally (digital and/or analog)? What subjects do you shoot in that case? not any longer
3. When did you start shooting analogically, and when did you start photographing (if you started out with digital photography)? 1937
4. What equipment (camera) do you use? If you use multiple cameras, you can write down all of them and which one you use the most. 5x7 Deardorf, 8x10 Wehman, 7x17 . Hasselblad
5. Do you develop your film yourself, and what technique do you use in that case? Yes.tray, tank, or Jobo depending on the needs of the film
6. Why do you shoot analogically and what benefits do you think there is with analogue photography? Feel free to respond as fully as possible on this matter. For example, if you shoot analogically because of the appearance of the photos, please describe specifically what it is in the look that you like, etc. If there are many different reasons, please write down all. (This is the most important question)I have been at it over 70 years and see no reason to move to a very inferior process now.
7. Are there any particular subjects that you think that analogue photography is particularly suitable for, respectively not suitable for? I photograph whatever strikes my fancy on a particular day.
8. Will you continue to shoot analogically in the future? Absolutely
If you also shoot digitally:
9. Approximately how much of your photography do you estimate that you shoot analogically? None
10. What is it that makes you not photograph only analogically? Digital images lack the feeling of presence which is common to a good analog print.
11. Is there anything that could make you photograph analogically even more? More time,energy and strength.
You can answer directly in the thread or post me a message, whatever works. Thanks in advance!