Quote Originally Posted by John Wiegerink View Post
Actually I was just pulling PDH's leg a little bit, but I get "that look" whenever I tell somebody I use a DSLR and it's made by Sigma. People seem to forget Sigma made some darn nice film cameras also. I just got done packing for a week long fishing trip in Michigan's north country and in my bag are one Rollei 3.5E, one Sigma SD9, one Sigma SD14 w/ 24-70mm f2.8 - 70mm macro f2.8 - 70-200mm f2.8. Since I have the Rollei for B&W film I have left my Sigma SA-7n home. I also do agree with you that you better have a pretty good understanding of lighting and exposure with the Sigma cameras. I might slip my old folding Ikonta with uncoated Tessar in my pocket before I go. That's the problem with being a camera junkie, you have a hard time deciding which gear to take. I'll have fun whether the fish bite or not. JohnW
I bought a SA 7 after my F3 was rippped off at LAX after 9 11, Southwest would not allow by bring my camera bag on board as carry on. I dithered for several years, for the most part I shoot MF and LF and still had my M42 gear but could not make up mind about an AF body. I found the SA 7 as a kit at a shopping mall and on whim bought it thinking it would do until I decided on either Canon or Nikon. Found that I really liked the SA 7 and bought a SA 9 and few pro level lens. Although I have added Pentex auto focus to my gear, for travel the SA 9 is still a choice for me. Light, has mirror lock up, shoots at about 4 FPS, auto bracket exposure. The auto foucs is not good for sports but good enough for travel. I find my self shooting less and less color film, finidng it on the road, getting it processed so I cheat with the SD 14.