Quote Originally Posted by q_x View Post
no clues how far I can go with 35mm film SLR and not be perceived as a lifeform from outer space.
Why are you worried about our (your peers) opinions on an artistic question?

I'd suggest that it's a good bet that most of us here aren't in the market for your prints. I would hazard a guess that most of us here want to make our own instead, so our opinions are irrelevant to your business success.

The only way to figure out if your market thinks you're from outer space or the best thing since sliced bread is to test "your" market and see where they draw the line. For all we/you know they may be looking for an "outer space" perspective.

The 35mm format and the tools that support it have proven themselves commercially workable over and over and over again. The evidence of it's viability is overwhelming. There are plenty of examples of main stream people succeeding and selling lots of work from 35mm film, Steve McCurry for example clear up to 40x60 inch prints. All of National Geographic photographers from the film age, Henri Cartier-Bresson, Elliot Erwitt, Sebastian Salgado... The list is huge.