Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
Nikola, Chloroacetic acid is extremely toxic even via what appears at the time to be mild skin contact: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chloroacetic_acid
I work in a lab and have worked with Trichloracetic acid in the past often. Actually one time I had a co worker drop and break a 100 mL bottle of it outside of the hood and had to help clean it up. I am surprised that Chloroacetic acid is so much more toxic and am glad it was not that I had to clean up. The LD50 amounts to just a few mL absorbed through the skin.