Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
It's not the technology itself, per se. It's the effect that technology has on the critical thinking capabilities of those who first use, then come to mindlessly rely on it. When it becomes easier and more convenient to do so, one happily ends up driving into the lake because the digital gadget told them it was the right way to go. I've seen real-world variations of this over and over and over...
Ken
I think I know what you mean and in essence I agree. I also think it is a good idea to learn photography the analogue way (at first) with an all manual camera (focus, aperture, shutter time) and the limitations of only 36 shots on a roll - and off course pinhole photography with only a simple box & photo paper - before one goes to digital photography.

In an other discussion I said:
"My motto is a saying of Ansel Adams: " ... avoiding the common illusion that photography depends on equipment alone ... " (quote from his book: The Camera). Sometimes I think the digital world hasn't grasped that yet. A simple manual focus camera with only 12 to 36 shots makes me think more about what I really want to shoot and how: instead of shooting hundreds of images, sifting it out later on a computer. I want to see the image in my mind before I press the shutter, instead of afterwards on a LCD on the back of the camera. Just my way of getting away of a hectic world."