Quote Originally Posted by LDMartin1959 View Post
Back in the day before DX encoded film cartridges and autofocus cameras the back cover of many 35mm cameras had a slotted holder into which you could slide the end flap of a film box so you had a ready identification of the film currently loaded in the camera. Does anyone know of any similar item which which can be mounted to the back of a camera that did not come with one installed?

They were for sale, back in the 70s and 80s.
I put a piece of masking tape on the baseplate and write the film type and E.I. with a Sharpie. Masking tape peels off cleanly, as long as you don't leave it there for a year or two.