By sheer coincidence (yet another one), I found a box of MG FB I had forgotten about - and tried it...

The negative was Pyro-developed, and the stain gave a very soft print (I used no filters for a quick test, just guessed at four seconds exposure). When the print finally developed (after two minutes I could see outlines) it was a rather nice warm brown. No hint of red, as you say. But the depth... Now THAT was amazing! I think I'll try that combination again, with fresher developer and lower concentration. And a bit more exposure...

To get really reddish browns, try diluting even more. Kentmere Art Classice is a lovely warm (not red) sepia at 1:8, red-brown at 1:10...