Quote Originally Posted by flajcsi View Post
1. I don't really trust, better manual, but can help sometimes.
2. I prefer without any depenence
3. No preference
4. High quality primes.
  1. Fujica ST801 - No aperture priority and no battery dependance except for meter only. M42 screw mount lens.
  2. Nikon FM3A - Has aperture priority with batteries but full shutter range available without due to the hybrid shutter mechanism. Newest on the list and likely in better shape. Body alone is most likely out of your price range.
  3. Nikon FM2 T - No aperture priority and no battery dependance except for meter only. Body alone is most likely out of your price range.
  4. Nikon F2 AS - No aperture priority and no battery dependance except for meter only. Body alone is likely out of your price range.
  5. Nikon F3 - Has aperture priority with batteries but limited functionality without. Interchangeable viewfinder and screens.
  6. Canon F1 - No aperture priority and no battery dependance except for meter only. Interchangeable viewfinder and screens.
  7. Canon AE-1 - Has shutter priority and is fully dependent on battery.
  8. Canon A 1 - Has aperture and shutter priority and is fully dependent on battery.
  9. Contax RTS III - Modern SLR without autofocus and is fully dependent on batteries.
  10. Contax G2 - Modern rangefinder with autofocus that is fully dependent on batteries.
  11. Leica M3 - No aperture priority and no battery dependance. Body alone is most likely out of your price range.
  12. Pentax LX - Has aperture priority with batteries but X sync to 1/2000 shutter speeds available without. Full system support. Interchangeable viewfinder and screens. Only camera that can autoexpose for as long as it takes - or batteries drain.
  13. Pentax Spotmatic F - No aperture priority and no battery dependance except for meter only. M42 screw mount lens.

More details from manuals can be found at Butkus Camera Manual Library

Thank for all of you for the help. Some of you mentioned Medium Format. It's good to know that I have future plans for Medium Format (Mamiya RZ67 II or Contax 645 maybe Hasselblad), but for now I would like to improve my knownledge on 35mm.
Do you think it's better to jump right to Medium Format?
Which of these 35mm has better lens coverage and quality at a reasonable price?
Again the size and weight of a camera is not important for me, the quality of the machine and my knowledge has a higher priority.
Mamiya RZ67 is excellent with exceptional lenses but definitely way out of your price range and is very heavy. 6X7 piece of film is very nice.