Hey folks!

New member here, been wanting to get into larger format photography and was thinking about MF, but knowing myself, I am bound to build a camera sometime in the future. So, why not kill two birds with one stone ad build a larger format camera. I have a very well stocked shop, I am a knife maker by hobby, have years of experiance in composite work as well. I would like to utilize Carbon Fiber and Titanium in whatever I build. I am also trained as a metrologist, so working in tight tolerances is nothing new to me.

In short, I am looking for a simple design to cut my teeth on, so to speak, likely from more simple materials like quarter sawn red oak or teak, and that is acceptable for field use as well as studio. The more complete the plans, the better as I really don't know what I don't know yet. I fully admit to being a "I can do that" kind of guy, usually ending in some sort of success. My wife usually calls it stubborn as a fence post and never admitting failure, lol!

So, if someone has any recommendations on where to start my research, that will be fantastic!

Cheers!

-Xander