Hey all,

For those of you who shoot weddings, do you usually try to stick to one manufacturer or are open to buying multiple camera/lenses and bringing them all? I'm currently Nikon 35mm (documentary style photographs) with Pentax 645 formals and a digital as a filler..... however, I'm thinking of using a mix of Pentax 35mm and Nikon 35mm film cameras and Pentax 645 and no digital (even a Fuji Instax for good measure). However, I'm somewhat more invested in Nikon but with two of my lenses going out of commission (developing problems), I'm contemplating my options as I see the repair bill.

Here's the thing: I'm all about the lenses. I love my Pentax DA*55 F1.4 as the results on film are quite astonishing but don't have a Pentax film SLR camera to use it with just yet (borrowing, and may purchase soon). I have a Nikon 35mm F1.4 that I use a ton (usually attached to a Nikon F3). Pentax 645 is my main instrument for formals. All else is kind if up in the air as to what I want to bring.

I know gear is a fickle thing and it's all about one's art and one's vision that makes great photographs... but I want to really just make an investment in the right film gear that will work well for me... as this will be client work... I want to invest further into something (one manufacturer... or mix?) that I know I can really use for a while to build up the business.

Anyways, just thought I'd throw that out there. Curious as to what people have done before (or are doing now) for weddings!