Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
Oh it's pretty good - but I have a friend who just had it and was told he wasn't a good candidate for the ones that adjust focus - I reckon those may be good but not perfect for everyone yet. And right now I have no problems with glare or the like and can still be corrected to 20/20 so I'm not rushing it. Any surgery has risks, and I don't take un-necessary ones with my eyes.

My dad had both eyes done in his 70s and my mom, who will be 85 later this month, went today for a consultation. I figure I have a fair number of years yet. I'll be 50 in August.
I have quite a few friends who've had the surgery too. Mixed results... one had big problems that needed extra surgeries to correct and she's still not completely happy. To be fair, everyone else I know is happy. ( Wow, this topic came a long way! )

I'm with you though, Roger. I'll try drugstore reading glasses first, then I'll ask about a prescription. Then, with my luck, I'll spend a lot of money on a new grain focuser and find out I need a new pair of glasses to use it!

Quote Originally Posted by silveror0 View Post
Oh, so you're still a youngster. Sorry. I'm starting to crowd 80. Yeah, you've got plenty of time. As long as I can still focus the camera and enlarger, I'm a happy camper.
If I'm still around and can focus a camera and enlarger at 80, that sounds great to me!