Hi Mark

After years of considering editioning of prints , watching Ed Burtynsky and others in my home town I have came up with the following strategy for myself.

First consider that I print in many forms, I am not stuck on any one process . I feel that the Image is the most important aspect of this process.
so my editions are based on numbers of prints I make from any image, regardless of size , materials used.

I am now making 10 to be my largest number of any one image , with two artist proofs .

I am over the next 10 years going to print out the editions of images that I like. I will print them on the material I think appropriate, but will be open to consider a replacement
image on another material, if this happens I will tear up one of the numbered prints to make an appropriate sale.

for example take the image attached[ATTACH=CONFIG]70236[/ATTACH

I am ultimately making tri colour carbons of this image, I will make it and edition of 10.
I already know that I can sell this image as a much larger inkjet .

Therefore I am publicly stating that if you want this image, you can purchase a smaller colour carbon pigment print.
or you can purchase a larger inkjet.
I will be honest with what I percieve as life span of each .. with the colour carbon 10 -20 x the life span of the inkjet.
But in both cases the print I sell will be one of the edition.

The number will go down in each sale, whether it is inkjet, carbon transfer, or even a BW conversion.

This may not be the classical case , but watching threads about Eggleston and the lawsuit that followed I believe, that if you are upfront, realistic and honest with
your prints you will be OK.