Quote Originally Posted by Worker 11811 View Post
I don't care if this happened in Adelaide or Albuquerque. If I owned a photo lab, I would instruct my employees to NOT report any photographs to the police unless it was absolutely, crystal clear that something illegal was taking place in the pictures.

I don't think the business owner was right, in any sense of the word, to do what he did.
... but it is no more right or wrong than if one were to call the police to report screams coming from the home next door. As a citizen (or even as a human being) we are compelled to attempt to keep sanity in our society. Sometimes that involves reporting suspicions to those who are educated and chartered to discern the real danger of a situation. It is the role of the police to investigate, and the courts to arbitrate; assuming that one needs to be qualified in those roles just to have a reasonable suspicion of potential harm (or comply with an established reporting law, as may have been the case in this discussion) seems a bit of a stretch.

This is the world we live in and, not to seem harsh to the OP or anyone else... there has been enough of this stutation in the news over the years that one would have to be living under a rock to have not expected such a issue to be a realistic possibility. Sad... very sad... but this is our world, and has been for quite some time.