Quote Originally Posted by Noble View Post
This was addressed earlier in the thread. Unless you have razor wire around a photograph in a museum or gallery people will invariable walk up to it. Now if something is on a bill board 100 feet in the air and you are driving by it at 55 mph then yes you are 100% correct.
So what if the viewer can walk up to the print, doesn't mean I "need" to give them a reason to.

I have a few paintings my mom did way back when, beatiful, simple, low detail. The only thing gained by getting real close is the ability to see the brush strokes. Only a brush stroke style snob/geek would care.

Similarly I also have a nice watercolor by a local guy, fun piece, same as my mom's painting though, get close and all you see is craftwork, not the art.

Quilter's at the county fair, same game. The aficionados count stitches, the rest of the world looks at the pattern.

This theme plays out over and over and over in the visual arts, in my experience, when people move in real close they are typically trying to judge or learn the craft, many times ignoring the intent of the art itself.

I see little point in pandering to students of the medium/craft, except when at a class or seminar or similar function, they simply aren't the normal audience for my shots.