Sandy,

Thank you for sharing that information. I noticed on your reply to my latest question in which I asked about the 1.4 density that Clay had posted on Ed Buffaloe's site that you mentioned that Clay's information was based on reading a negative through the "blue" channel on a densitometer. That you went on to indicate this reading translated to a 1.8 when read through the uv channel. That this reading was the cause for my excessive negative contrast when used for printing on Azo. Would the conversion of blue to uv that you addressed be an accurate linear conversion factor of "blue" to "uv" readings?

Additionally, as I observe the Kodak spectral sensitivity charts for Azo the peak spectral response occurs in the range of 360-410 nm with drastic fall off at that point. It is my understanding that this is "near band uv". What is the factor that I am missing (considering the differing negative densities) in regard to the response of Pt-pd (which I have not used) and Azo. It appears that both process/materials respond to uv?

Any information that you can share to clear up my murky view on the matter would be greatly appreciated.