Quote Originally Posted by batwister View Post
For any serious street photographer of that period, I'm sure this isn't quite so abnormal.
You are saying it was normal to shoot tens of thousands of negatives and not develop them?! I have never heard of that in my life. I am not a professor of photography so my ignorance is almost limitless. Do you have a link to a reference for that statement?

Making fine prints of every negative is surely the reason many never make any good images, and fall into the 'craft' rabbit hole.
I don't think of the Walmart send out service prints I get for $2 with developing and printing as "fine prints" and I would hardly describe driving to Walmart as "craft." You do go down a rabbit hole though. I give you that.

The fact that she didn't have a holistic approach to photography doesn't interest me
She didn't even send a huge chunk of her negatives to be developed. "Didn't have a holistic approach" is the understatement of the year. I don't consider getting film developed and getting some dime store prints "holistic." I consider that the whole point. Maybe I got into this hobby for the wrong reasons.