Quote Originally Posted by Murray@uptowngallery
How to filet a Ventura 69.

Success!

Continued drilling with Dremel (actually, 'Sears Rotary Tool') until 4 screw shafts pushed thru (2 on each side (L,R) of film gate.

The whole film gate is formed with 'dimples' and bent so that it tightly snaps over the bellows. I took a 1/4" x 1" piece of steel and pried gently up on the L & R sides where the screws were removed and the bottom side came out, revealing the formed shape. A little more pressure on the sides closer to the top and the top rail lifted out. The top and bottom are tightly snapped between the other body shell layers. I thought it was one piece until I got it apart.

The whole gate and roller ass'y lifted out apparently unharmed revealing 4 folded over bellows flaps, barely glued down. I was able to pry bellows loose with fingernails.

I switched from the spherical cutting tool which was hard to steer and removed material very slowly to a cylindrical coarser looking cutting tool. The folding arm pivots were anchored mid-body, top & bottom with large head nickeled brass pins. Ground those off and the 4 rivets holding the folding hinge and it all came apart leaving the back. Cut-off wheel removed the shutter release button.

Free and clear now.
Congratulations, Murray! As we say over here "de aanhouder wint" (he who keeps at it, wins). And thanks for sharing all the technical info on the process. One never knows to whose advantage that might be in the future. It's too bad you couldn't upload pics of the whole process (for non-English speaking crowds).
Regards, Norm